Location: Central London
Salary: £45-55k + benefits
Our client is one of the leading Commercial Real Estate companies in the UK. One of their key objectives is to develop a strong Environmental and Sustainability offering for their portfolio. Recent projects and development has meant that a Senior Level Sustainability professional is needed to work in their Head offices for one of their Largest accounts.
In respect of existing commitments:
- Ensure that their client meets its commitments on environmental sustainability, identifying areas that require special initiatives or particular attention
- Ensure regulatory and legal compliance at project and corporate levels
- Coordinate initiatives that address different areas of activity on the King’s Cross project, including construction, communities, regeneration, building performance, estate management, etc.
- In a coordinated fashion and in a form consistent with the client’s regular investor reporting, collect data, analyse and report on the performance of all King’s Cross projects against sustainability targets (including those relating to socio-economic sustainability) as stated in planning documentation and the S106 agreement.
- Coordinate, alongside the Regeneration team the King’s Cross Occupier Forum
- Oversee the management of the client’s Environment Coordinator and provide strategic direction to KCES delivery
- Represent the client and King’s Cross at industry events, including UKGBC and BRE led programmes
In respect of the agenda looking forward:
- Develop and implement the new Development Environmental and Sustainability Strategy, securing internal agreement and liaising with stakeholders where appropriate
- Promote and raise awareness of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice
- Work with the client’s Environment Committee to deliver sustainability initiatives at a corporate level
The successful individual will also have:
- Ability to be nimble across the building lifecycle, delivering operational and strategic outputs
- Good knowledge of sustainability issues within the commercial construction and house building industry or with relevant consultancy experience
- Experience of budget management and reporting
- Ideally experience of reporting to GRESB, ESOS and an understanding of ISO14001, ISO50001 and Post Occupancy Evaluation
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Confidence in working with people at all levels of an organisation
- The ability to motivate people to change their behaviour
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation in the Energy and Sustainability sector, so if you believe that this position would be of interest , please get in touch on 0207 448 8599 or [email protected] – See more at: https://www.mcleanross.com/job/associate-sustainability-environmental-director-jobid-aesd#sthash.BeBC5eAF.dpuf