This conference is designed to discuss ways in which clean electricity and electrification will be essential in reducing emissions globally to net zero.
As the devastaing loss of life and habitats caused by climate change continues to increase, many countries and businesses are responding by setting bold commitments to reach net zero by 2050, as well as aiming to reduce emissions significantly by 2030. Additionally, many new policies will be introduced to tackle the climate crisis in the lead up to the UN’s COP26 climate talks. However, achieving decarbonisation may be easier for some countries and businesses than others, with many counting on major advances in technologies, innovation, support, and collaboration to achieve this ambitious goal.
This timely conference will provide insights into how businesses and countries are making net zero into a reality, whilst showcasing their achievements so far, and exploring what other actions still need addressing at COP26 to drive further acceleration. The interactive format of this event means you’ll be able to engage with speakers and other delegates throughout the day.
- What will a net zero energy system look like?
- Demand in a net zero future
- Demand Deep dive: let’s hear from the consumers
- Energy supply in a net zero future
- An integrated energy system approach to decarbonisation
- Enabling conditions to reach net zero
- Ofgem’s vision for a net zero future
- Michael Lewis FEI, Chief Executive, EON UK
- Brian Denvir, European Energy Markets Lead, Google
- Stephanie Jamison, Senior Managing Director, Accenture
- Tristan Zipfel, Strategy and Analysis Director, EDF Renewables
- Fintan Slye FEI, Director UK System Operation, National Grid ESO
- John Holland-Kaye, Chief Executive Officer, Heathrow Airport
- Kate Turner, Policy, Regulation & Communications Director, ScottishPower Renewables/Iberdrola
- Polly Billington, Director, UK100
- Lisa Larroque Alexander, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, and Chief Sustainability Officer, Sempra
- Andy Hadland AMEI, Chief Development Officer, Arenko Group
- Melissa Stark FEI, Managing Director – Utilities, Global Renewables Lead, Accenture
- Geraldine Newton-Cross, Commercial Director, Catapult
- Lynne McDonald, Programme Manager – Distribution System Operator (DSO) Readiness, UK Power Networks
- Benjamin Kott, CEO, Lightsource Labs
- Anja-Isabel Dotzenrath, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), RWE Renewables
- Sam Kimmins, Head of RE100, The Climate Group
- Councillor Susan Aitken, Leader, Glasgow City Council
- Steve Holliday FREng FEI, President, Energy Institute, and Former Chief Executive, National Grid
Attend this timely event to:
- Hear from expert speakers excelling in this area
- Gain key insights into the policies, technologies, and people needed to reach net zero
- Network with professionals from across the energy sector
Energy Institute are offering Energy Live News and Future Net Zero subscribers 20% off the published price. Please use promo code ELNPNZ20 when booking to take advantage
This is a promoted article.