Blygold’s brief synopsis of a case study carried out on a York Chiller at a Technical Transmission Station in Hayes Middlesex (server rooms, transmissions rooms etc.).
Blygold apply anti-corrosion coatings to heat exchangers such as chillers, AHUs, Air Conditioning etc. The coatings double the life of the coils blocks and reduce the energy consumption by as much as 25%, particularly on units in such corrosive environments as airports, ports, industrial areas, coastal areas and city centres. The coatings can be applied to new units prior to installation or to units already installed on site.
When Blygold deep clean and coat a unit and then monitor the improvement, people claim that it is the cleaning that actually improves the performance. The cleaning does improve the performance, but so does the Blygold Coating. In this instance, the brief was to monitor the unit before cleaning, after cleaning and then again after the Blygold treatment.
To sum up the effect of the Blygold Coating on the York YCAJ76 Chiller:
• Blygold treated the chiller without impacting on the building users.
• Achieved a reduction in condensing temperature
• Reduced the compressor running time, extending its life cycle
• The capacity of the chiller increased by 7.33%
• Increase in cooling capacity of 33.64KW
• 149 hours per day less running time
• An annual CO2 saving of [email protected]/ka
• A saving of £5455 per year
• Payback in less than 6 months (£2200 to clean and Blygold coat)
Blygold coatings in effect will:
• Double the life time of your coils
• Reduce your energy bills
• Reduce wear and tear on the rest of the unit
• Reduce maintenance costs
• Reduce call outs of your HVAC contractor
• Reduce the need for early replacement