Salary: £45,000-55,000 (per annum) + Car + Bonus + Benefits
Sector: Building & Construction
Location: London, Greater London
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: Feb 23, 2016
A Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor is needed to work with the Energy Construction Services (ECS) company in the UK. The ECS division incorporates our Energy Performance, Solar, BMSI and Electrical Services teams and helps meet the needs of some of our biggest customers. To help facilitate the planned growth they need to recruit new talent into the business and we currently have an exciting opportunity for a quantity surveyor.
You will be expected to understand and negotiate contract terms and specific risks for project, advise and implement appropriate procedures in line with contractual obligations in order to mitigate and protect the company from risk. In addition you will:
- Have responsibility for the preparation and submission of applications for payment or invoices on time.
- Ensure appropriate subcontract documentation is produced and issued in line with company procedures and manage subcontract accounts in accordance with subcontract through to settlement.
- Produce cash flows and ensure payments are administered in line with contractual obligations ensuring protection to the business.
- Maintain continual understanding of project status in relation to; applications, certifications, payment received, timeliness of delivery, quality of delivery and tender allowances and ensure all documentation is in place and relevant.
- Produce, maintain and communicate reports on projects that are accurate in respect of costs incurred, projection of costs to spend, contingency and liabilities, sales declared and consequently profit declared.
- Understand and interpret M&E systems and installations.
- To promote the commercial function within the business and monitor and develop commercial team members when appropriate
We’re looking for candidates who have substantial subcontractor or client experience in the M&E sector with an excellent knowledge of NEC3 contracts. In addition you must have a strong track record in cost management with sound procurement skills. We are also looking for the following:
- Actual Cost/Target Cost contract experience
- Strong and positive communication style
- Drives innovative solutions and pace
- Provides direction and stretching objectives for the team
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]