Our client, an energy and utility consultancy based in London, seeks a Finance Director to join their business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the assessment of any risks and controls within the organisation. Initially a full audit of the companies Energy transactions from past to present will be required.
Upon joining the team, responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Energy Suppliers to retrieve any backdated monies owed. An audit will be required to go back the past seven years and highlight any anomalies/discrepancies against payments received.
- Resolve any queries/concerns with payments and reconciliations.
- Calculate any outstanding commissions due or any to be clawed back to employees.
- Back-office operations – to ensure contract live dates are achieved, chase payments with suppliers, ensure payments are made in timely manner in accordance to suppliers T’s & C’s.
- Liaise with relevant parties to ensure information correctly passed for payroll purposes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Advance user of Excel – able to create formulas, management information.
- Energy industry experience is essential.
- Excellent relationships with Energy Suppliers in both Corporate and SME departments.
- Accounting qualification.
The salary for this Finance Director opportunity is up to £70,000 base with a generous bonus. If you are interested, please get in touch with Catherine McLean at McLean Ross to discuss.