Location: Home Based – Ideally Midlands or South East/ London
Salary: Up to £60,000 + Benefits
McLean Ross are partnered exclusively with a leading water company who are looking to target growth in the English market, in particular the public sector. This brand new opportunity is accountable for the public sector across the UK but mainly focussing on the Southern region of England. You will be managing an existing team of two and will be tasked with growing this team as more contracts are won.
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for managing to and delivering against the sector’s P&L, taking decisions on licenced retention, save and winback in order to meet or exceed business plan targets.
They ensure the appropriate plans are in place for nurturing and maintaining end-to-end oversight of customer relationships and are responsible for providing accurate forecasting against plans, development of the team’s skills and capabilities and performance management.
The role holder spends the majority of their time (60%) on sales-based activities, to develop and strengthen external relationships with customers and stakeholders. Maximum of 40% of time is spent on service delivery activities. Furthermore;
- Develop and execute commercial strategy and associated tactics appropriate to the sector – with the aim of establishing the company as the first choice water solutions provider.
- Take appropriate decisions on licenced retention, save and winback, in order to meet sector P&L targets and maximise profitability
- Minimise and control sector debt
- Ensure accuracy of the sector contact and site data and contract compliance both pre and post setup
- Ensure customer needs are delivered by Customer Operations, working via the Account Maintenance Team.
- Ensure the development of Account Development Plans (ADPs) for the portfolio, which results in identifying profitable business opportunities both current and future, and enables the business to more accurately forecast.
- Implement new pricing and propositions through the portfolio, ensuring customer awareness and providing forecasts of uptake via ADPs
- Maximise the cross-sell of unlicenced solutions into the sector, meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Manage contract acquisition through provision of quotations and proposals
- Fully understand the sector business drivers. Provide market insight and feedback customer requirements to enable the business to develop innovative, profitable and sustainable solutions.
- Adhere to all agreed business policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance and to mitigate potential risks. Ensure all risks (billing, debt, credit and legal) are understood and managed by the business.
- Contribute as required to projects to improve policy and processes or increase operational efficiency to continually improve customer satisfaction.
- Maximise the sales-related activity of the team, ensuring this does not fall below 60% of role
- Embed newly acquired customers into the sector, ensuring they are actively managed as part of the portfolio
- The effective management of a team ensuring that performance management, professional development and high levels of employee engagement are key areas of focus.
- Act as a role model, promoting the values and setting high standards through own behaviour and actions.
You must have had previous experience of managing accounts within either the energy or water sector.
- Track record of building successful business relationships
- Experience of driving business growth by identifying and developing appropriate business opportunities
- Experience of account planning and successfully developing and implementing Account Development Plans
- Track record of adopting a fair and measured approach to conflict resolution which takes account of both customer and business needs
- Track record of adopting a flexible approach to working whilst effectively managing and prioritising own workload in order to meet conflicting deadlines
- Track record of successful solution selling and pipeline management
- Track record of managing the delivery of large value sales contracts
- Proven track record of delivering successful outcomes through virtual teams
- Experience of managing a sales team
- Experience of operating a P&L
- Ability to drive business growth by identifying and developing appropriate business opportunities
- Ability to negotiate effectively during high pressure / complex negotiations
- Ability to demonstrate effective deal closing skills
- Ability to tailor written and verbal communication style to appropriate audience
- Ability to uncover customer needs and translate these into appropriate solutions
- Good skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint software (IT literate to an intermediate level)
- Ability to analyse interpret and present operational, financial and technical information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to present products and services in a confident, concise and engaging way
- Ability to apply problem solving skills to complex issues to produce speedy and comprehensive resolution to customer issues
- Experience of working with a CRM system (ideally Salesforce)
- Ability to develop and deliver clear and compelling presentations to small groups as well as large audiences
- Ability to create and assess commercial models
- Ability to create business cases for customers, demonstrating value and return on investment
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with [email protected] or call 0207 448 7230. Aimee specialises in placing commercial professionals in the SMART Technology space. If this role isn’t for you, please feel free to give her a call to discuss other opportunities within the space.