Senior Energy Hedging Analyst
Power / Gas / Commodities
£60,000 – £65,000
Bonus + Benefits
Our client are a global Utility with endless possibilities. With offices across the globe and one of the largest portfolios across Europe, they are currently looking to expand their London team. As a result, in their Power and Gas Strategy team, they are currently looking to hire a Senior Energy Hedging Analyst to provide commercial insight to their supply businesses and customers through market analysis and their in-depth knowledge of UK energy markets.
- Fulfilling the energy procurement requirements for both UK Consumer and Business divisions.
- Efficient execution of orders with trading teams, ensuring compliance with all EM&T and policies.
- Point of contact for external customers to meet energy procurement transactions, market information or price request.
- Ownership of commodity pricing models and methodologies.
- Analyse and clearly communicate the multiple risks facing the supply businesses and propose risk mitigating strategies.
- Help develop and evaluate hedging approaches
Skills and Experience Required
- Significant experience in UK gas and power commodity markets, through trading, fundamentals, risk management, and/or pricing.
- Knowledge of global commodity and financial markets such as crude oil, LNG, European Gas & Power, FX is highly desirable.
- Good understanding of different risks within variable price and fixed price supply portfolios.
- Thorough understanding of options – pricing, risk and risk management.
- Ability to develop risk management tools & metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain complex models & data management systems.
- Proficiency in Excel, VBA, PowerBI, Access. Database / SQL experience is desirable but not essential.
For more information and to apply for this exciting role with a global leader, please send your CV to [email protected], or call in on 02074488599 to hear more information.