Not-for-profit energy specialists the Carbon Trust suggest businesses try and employ five key measures in order to save money and energy at work.
– Turning off your PC and monitor in the evening could save £39 per year per person
– Keeping blinds open and turning off lights when there is enough daylight or when areas are unoccupied could save more than £10 per year per person
– Accepting a slightly (1°C) reduced temperature in the workplace could save over £4 per year per person
– Using the phone or video conferencing to avoid four car journeys could save £150 per year
– Reducing paper use by only printing when needed and printing double sided could save £20 per year each per person