Reporting to the Head of Sustainability
Our client is a global architectural and design practice based in South West London. They now have an opening for a Senior Sustainable Environment Engineer to join their award winning studios.
The Sustainability Group offers a wide range of skills to our projects at city, master-plan, building and product scale. You will work from London on some of the most exciting projects throughout the world. You will be a senior member of a dynamic group. You will develop clean and recycled water supply, waste water treatment, flood mitigation, air pollution control and solid waste management systems, networks and strategies to our teams that transform our projects through sustainable design, procurement, construction and operational practice.
- Deliver sustainable and viable environmental system and network design for projects and competition entries
- To produce, technical information, prototypes, digital and physical models, catchment analysis and pollution maps, relating to environmental systems and networks
- Develop a database of convincing environmental and environmental system cost information, and tools, and apply them to our projects
- Conduct research into existing and new sustainable environmental techniques and procurement and integrate the results into our projects
- Run sustainable environmental design project workshops, and seminars
- To have thorough knowledge of and compliance with Foster + Partners procedures and standards
- To contribute, or otherwise assist, as required
Qualities and skills required
- Environmental sustainability based undergraduate and master’s degree
- Professional qualification (Chartered Engineer, Environmentalist or equivalent)
- A proven track record in design and delivery of the above responsibilities
- Applying analytical techniques to support environmental design
- Applying sustainable supply chain procurement techniques
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in a non-technical manner
- Ability to assist with the training of junior members on the team
- Being inventive, resourceful, pro-active and enthusiastic about sustainability in design
- Having a flexible attitude and building good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- An understanding of contaminated land and groundwater
- An understanding of hydroinformatics, mathematical and statistical modelling
- An awareness of Microdrainage, MatLab and GIS based flood simulation software
- An ability to illustrate your ideas in creative ways using a variety of techniques
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
£ Competitive salary
Benefits include: 25 days annual leave, annual bonus, pension, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, study leave, professional memberships, local business discounts and subsidised cafe.
Please get in touch with Catherine McLean on 0207 448 8599 or email [email protected] to discuss.