Our client, a business to business energy supplier, seeks a Market Risk Analyst to join their team. Reporting into the Risk Team Leader, the purpose of the role is to manage complex data and theoretical problems to provide detailed reports with clear summaries and recommendations to senior management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Market risk analysis and recommendations including scenario testing, option valuation of price and demand risk mitigation.
- Maintaining and managing pricing systems and invoice validation.
- Demand Forecasting – analysing the impacts on demand of multiple variables, namely weather, economic forecasts, site closures, etc.…
- Developing and managing Power and Gas market risk models (VARs, Scenario testing).
- Calculation and optimisation of balancing costs.
- Support the business with ad hoc analysis and investigation into current pricing and forecasting modelling.
- Data collation and interrogation of statistical trends.
This is a company that prides itself on their culture and values. The role will be based London, the salary is c£45,000 base with an excellent benefits package. Please get in touch with Daniel Acland for more information.