Location: Coventry, with UK and European travel
E.ON is a global provider of specialised energy solutions. We work hard to provide the best deals and energy solutions for our customers. Right now, we’re looking for an experienced manager to join our Connecting Energies UK Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team, which builds up decentralised energy sites across the UK, at industrial customers, hospitals and community centres
Here, you’ll essentially lead a team of 10-20 O&M staff across the UK and manage our portfolio of commercial heat and power installations and Solar PhotoVoltaic , including biomass, CHP, GHP, gas boiler and steam boiler sites. You’ll be responsible not only for ensuring they meet our P&L targets, but also for managing their operations on a day-to-day basis, performing against customer contracts and dealing with partners.
Another crucial part of your role will be acting as a single point of contact for O&M UK, managing the team’s relationship with Global O&M and a range of E.ON UK departments. Crucially, you’ll also act as your team’s main link to other O&M departments across Europe.
Finally, you’ll have an important regulatory role to play here as well. It will be up to you to ensure quality and HSSE standards are maintained at all times across our UK operation, and that our work adheres to all applicable local law procedures. It will also be down to you to manage risks for O&M UK’s contracts, which could last from 3 to 25 years.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a talented, motivated manager to not only join one of the world’s leading energy suppliers, but also to play a high-profile role in one of our most exciting, fast-growing new businesses.
Essential skill requirements:
- Degree (or equivalent) in industrial engineering, electrical engineering or a related field.
- Extensive experience working in energy related industries such as global environment, CHP, steam, biomass gas engines and/or gas turbines.
- Track record of managing people in a service environment, with a proven ability to motivate remote teams, establish priorities, think strategically and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent negotiation and customer interaction skills.
- Strong experience of negotiating contracts for operations.
- A clear thinker with a strong market focus and the ability to prioritise and effectively control targets.
English (Native, Must have)
Candidates must have:
– Portfolio Management
– Operations & Maintenance
Candidates nice to have:
– Contract negotiations
– People management – Staff & Contractors
– Manager / Supervisor
ability to motivate manage portfolio management OperationsMaintenance CHP Turbines Biomass
- Engineering / Development & Construction
Engineering and Design
- Degree in industrial engineering, electrical engineering or related – or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of Energy related industries such as Global Environment, CHP, Steam, Biomass Gas Engines and/or Gas Turbines.
- Profound knowledge of Management in Service related environment
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build credible relationships
- Highly developed skill & expertise in customer interaction, negotiation & pro-active issue resolution
- Demonstrated execution, delivering on commitments, proven track record of overcoming obstacles
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, energize & manage remote teams
- Strong experiences in contract negotiations for operation
- Clear, market focus thinker with ability to execute on priorities and effectively control milestones (project mode)
- Ability to establish priorities & initiate problem solving techniques
- Proactive, self-disciplined and highly motivated with well-organized work style
- Clear Thinker / proven execution skills
- Management of our portfolio of commercial heat & power installations (Biomass, GHP, CHP, Gas Boilers and Steam boilers) and Solar PhotoVoltaic with a view to optimizing EBITDA performance and managing contractual risks
- Lead and active the O&M Team in the UK
- Network support of other O&M departments across Europe an cross boundary operating
- Responsible for the O&M P+L UK
- Responsible for local O&M Execution, Partner, and Customer Contract Management
- Risk management of existing and future contracts with a 3 – 25 yrs contract time
- Define, evaluate, negotiate, implement and manage the Relationships (Client, Partner and O&M ) in UK
- Continuous improvement, measurement, development of relationships and day to day O&M operation
- Define, implement and monitor the relevant KPI’s
- In charge of the Team Members in the day to day work and challenges arising during O&M execution
- Responsible of O&M Works following the local law procedures
- Assuring the quality standards (Quality Management) and HSSE policy
- Close relationship with the Teams ECT UK, E.ON UK and global O&M as Single point of Contact O&M UK
- Translate standardization strategy of ECT into action in UK
- Reporting to the Head of Operations within ECT`s OSG unit and to the ECT Managing Director UK
- Manage departmental relations between O&M and Sales, Project Management, SHE, Procurement, HR, IT, Finance for delivery of new business.
E.ON Connecting Energies (ECT) offers integrated energy solutions for B2B customers and the public sector. We make life-time energy and operating cost savings happen for our customers by designing, building, financing, operating and optimizing energy-consuming and energy-generating equipment and systems at our customers’ facilities. ECT is currently active in Germany, UK, Italy and Russia and operates along three business units – energy efficiency, on-site generation as well as flexibility & virtual power plants.