Industry: Energy Solutions
Location: Home Based
Salary: Up to £75,000 + Package
McLean Ross are currently partnered with a Global Energy Supplier. They are looking for an Energy Sales Manager to lead a team that engages with direct supply customers, B2B TPI’s and non-supply customers in identifying their new solution needs. You will be responsible for leading to the team to success.
- To strengthen the strategic partnerships and relationships with TPIs and Direct customers through the identification and concept design of new energy and non-energy related products.
- To drive the sales of Energy Solutions related products both directly and indirectly via the sales teams, leading the sales transition of the business from its energy supply focus to energy solutions focus
- To deliver the B2B targets for On Site Generation, Energy Efficiency and Virtual Power Plants
- To building a sales pipeline of prospects and opportunities for existing and new products and services
- To develop, in conjunction with the solutions business, the strategic roadmap for product development, ensuring that prioritisation achieves the balance of matching customer requirement and business value requirements.
- To support in creating commercial business cases for new product developments, and take accountability for delivering the benefits
- To ensure that Account Managers have the required skills and knowledge to sell commodity and Energy Solutions products. The role will need to identify and develop plans to close knowledge gaps
- To ensure new products are successfully launched into the Sales environment, and agreeing the launch approach with the Energy Solutions, Head of Development Manager.
- To develop and implement (with the Head of Sales) the sales strategy of the Energy Solutions business, and ensure this aligns to the stated ambitions
- To lead and motivate a sales team, driving a culture of continuous improvement in the team and successfully delivering (as required) the changes and actions required from the Sales Excellence Programme.
- To agree new product development requirements with Third Parties and Direct Customers
- To negotiate margins on Energy Solutions contracts
- To determine the most appropriate product for a customer from a pre-defined product range
- To agree sales targets for the year and contracts / SLA’s as appropriate.
- To determine how to best deliver the Energy Solutions sales targets
- To recruit and performance manage team members as required
- You will be a natural leader and have previously lead successful sales team. You will be capable of driving activity, pace and energy within a sales team and be well versed at closing contracts at board level.
- You will have a strong background in the B2B energy industry, marketplace and solutions.
- Proven and well-developed sales and negotiation skills in a B2B environment.
- Strong and effective communicator and influencer.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- High level of personal motivation.
- Ability to drive change within a sales team.
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with [email protected] or call 0207 448 7230. Aimee specialises in placing commercial professionals in the SMART Technology space. If this role isn’t for you, please feel free to give her a call to discuss other opportunities within the space.