Reporting to the Head of Sustainability
Our client is a global architectural and design practice based in South West London. They now have an opening for a Senior Economic Sustainability Consultant to join their award winning studios.
The Sustainability Group offers a wide range of skills to our projects at city, master-plan, building and product scale. You will work from London on some of the most exciting projects throughout the world. You will be a senior member of a dynamic group, and will bring an economic focus delivering viable, practical and evidence based solutions to our teams that transform our projects through sustainable design, procurement, construction and operational practice.
- To recommend economically viable sustainable design for projects and competition entries
- To develop a database of convincing cost information, and tools, and apply them to our projects
- To conduct research into existing and new economically focussed sustainability techniques and procurement and integrate the results into our projects
- To Run project workshops, and seminars, to inform economically sustainable design
- To have thorough knowledge of and compliance with F+P procedures and standards
- To contribute, or otherwise assist, as required
Qualities and skills required
- Having excellent, relevant, education for this role
- Being able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Applying financial feasibility and risk management techniques to project and business planning
- Applying socio-economic factors to design at city, master plan, building and product scale
- Applying sustainable value frameworks and value creation to design and construction
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in a non-technical manner
- Ability to assist with the training of junior members on the team
- Being inventive, resourceful, pro-active and enthusiastic about sustainability in design
- Having a flexible attitude and building good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Having experience of new market and service development and transactions
- Having experience of cost planning within LEED and similar assessment methodologies
- Having experience of branding issues, reputation management and repositioning
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
£ Competitive salary
Benefits include: 25 days annual leave, annual bonus, pension, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, study leave, professional memberships, local business discounts and subsidised cafe.
Please get in touch with Catherine McLean on 0207 448 8599 or email [email protected] to discuss.