Reporting to the Head of Sustainability
Our client is a global architectural and design practice based in South West London. They now have an opening for a Senior Sustainable Energy Engineer to join their award winning studios.
The Sustainability Group offers a wide range of skills to our projects at city, master-plan, building and product scale. You will work from London on some of the most exciting projects in the world. You will be a senior member of a dynamic group, and will focus on viable, practical and evidence based solutions to our teams that transform our projects through sustainable design, procurement, construction and operational practice.
- Recommend sustainable and viable energy strategy, system and network design for projects and competition entries
- To produce, technical information, prototypes, digital and physical models, and energy maps, relating to low carbon systems and networks
- Develop a database of convincing energy and energy cost information, and tools, and apply them to our projects
- Conduct research into existing and new energy and carbon sustainability techniques and procurement and integrate the results into our projects
- Run project energy workshops, and seminars, regarding sustainable design
Qualities and Skills required
- Qualified as a Chartered Engineer with an excellent and relevant degree
- Applying supply and demand side energy management to design
- Applying low carbon design, commercialisation and procurement techniques
- Having proven negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in a non-technical manner
- Ability to assist with the training of junior members on the team
- Being inventive, resourceful, pro-active and enthusiastic about sustainability in design
- Having a flexible attitude and able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Understanding of smart electricity grids, innovative transport systems, energy storage, climate change resilience, energy security, (Monte Carlo) risk analysis and similar
- An awareness of software such as Energy Plus, Energy Pro, IES, Wind Pro, MatLab, Hevacomp
- An ability to illustrate your ideas in creative ways using a variety of techniques
Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
£ Competitive salary
Benefits include: 25 days annual leave, annual bonus, pension, life assurance, subsidised gym membership, study leave, professional memberships, local business discounts and subsidised cafe.
Please get in touch with Catherine McLean on 0207 448 8599 or email [email protected] to discuss.