Our client, an emerging Smart Grid technology company, seeks a Machine Learning Specialist/AI Developer for their London office.
They are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic machine learning specialist to be involved in the core team of research and development for their clients Energy Analysis/Disaggregation product.
You will apply the theory of machine learning to help improve the product. You will be working with their engineers to develop prototype products. You will be given great freedom of exploring new ideas and great help from the team.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- PhD/MSc in Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or related areas.
- Experience implementing machine learning systems using Python, C++, Matlab or R.
- Understanding of supervised and unsupervised learning, pattern recognition, Bayesian statistics, time series analysis, HMMs and latent variable methods.
- Experience of medium to large projects where you applied principled machine learning theories and techniques.
The successful candidates will have the following desirable skills:
- Knowledge of Machine Vision or Natural Language Processing is a bonus.
- Experience in LabVIEW is a bonus.
- Experience in deep learning is a bonus.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic engineering or willingness to learn concepts in power and energy.
The core activities of this Research and Development role include:
- Applying statistics and machine learning models for energy disaggregation problems.
- Searching for and exploring advanced theory that can solve energy analysis problems.
- Turning theoretical ideas into prototype algorithms.
- Collaborating with engineers and scientists to turns code into products.
Please get in touch with James Hendrickson at McLean Ross if you are interested.