Industry: Energy Supply
Location: London & South East
Salary: Up to £120,000 Base – Excellent Package
McLean Ross are proudly partnered exclusively with a leading independent energy provider of electricity and gas to search for a Chief Operating Officer who will oversee the organisations operations and procedures. As you will be the UK companies second in command, we are looking for a COO who will bring natural leadership, experience and passion to the business.
As a key member of the senior management team, you will have to maintain control of diverse business operations, establish policies that promote the company culture and vision and be an experienced and efficient leader as well as having excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
The goal of the COO is to secure functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth overseeing operations of the company and work of UK Leadership team (Operations, Customer Experience, Business Change, Finance and Risk).
Established in 2002, our client is an independent supplier of electricity, gas and renewable energy. They provide a customised and tailored approach to the needs of businesses within the UK. They are an experience and growing business to business supplier who are going through an excited phase of growth. The company is a subsidiary of a wider Global energy company with offices in the USA, UK and Germany.
As the COO you will measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally, ultimately finding ways to improve processes. Furthermore you will;
- Develop and implement growth strategies
- Acts as a liaison between company and stakeholders for quality assurance
- Provides mentoring to all employees, including management
- Motivates staff to meet or surpass organisational and team objectives
- Oversees daily operations and makes adjustments as necessary
- Presents new ideas and strategies for improvements to Leadership Team
- Promotes communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the MD in all matters of importance
- Assist MD in fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors/outsourcers
- It is expected that you would have at a minimum, experience within a relatable Director level position.
- An expert understanding of the UK gas and electricity supply market is essential.
- A proven leader with the ability to coach and mentor both direct reports and teams.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Understanding of business functions such as Operations, Customer Experience, Business Change, Finance and Risk.
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with [email protected] or call 0207 448 7230. Aimee specialises in placing commercial professionals in the SMART Technology space. If this role isn’t for you, please feel free to give her a call to discuss other opportunities within the space.