Our client, an international energy procurement and energy engineering consultancy, seeks a Business Development Manager to join their team. The purpose of this commercial role is to sell a portfolio of energy procurement and energy consultancy solutions into new business accounts.
Reporting into the Commercial Director, this role will take on leadership responsibilities within the team and operate both with commercial and operational support and under your own self-motivation to achieve and deliver results.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong understanding of energy procurement within the Industrial & Commercial market
- Strong understanding of UK energy and environmental legislation is required
- A moderate knowledge of engineering and energy management would be advantageous but not essential
- Develop, sell, and deliver products and services in a solution sales approach
- Take the commercial lead in the management of new accounts
- Strong presentation, negotiation, and solution selling skills
- A “Can do” attitude is essential
- A Hunter/Closer attitude to managing a given territory
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with staff, peers, and managers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing international organisation. The role is home based but you must be based in the South of England. The salary is £45,000 – £55,000 base with an achievable target and generous commission on top, car allowance is included as well. Please get in touch with Catherine McLean at McLean Ross to discuss.