Location: Home Based – South East & London
Salary: Up to £60,000 + Benefits
McLean Ross are currently working with a Global Energy company who are expanding their energy solutions offering. A Strategic Account Manager is a key role in Solutions, as it has the capability to deliver significant revenue to the business, whilst also building some long term relationships at the right level and positions as a Business Partner that consistently engages and delivers.
Scope of role covers entire B2B market, all products and all sales channels. Role holder will be required to develop and maintain relationships both internal and external at a senior level.
- Identify and target new business opportunities within particular market sectors in line with the overall business strategy
- Leads sales pipeline development process: relationship development, ‘route to market’ process management (PQQ, RFI, RFP, proposal, negotiated, advertising/press campaigns)
- Leads & co-ordinates support resources for sales process as well as significant direct contribution to the process in accordance with specified time-frames (operations, estimating, bid writing & other support and leadership functions)
- Identifies and understands client’s specific key drivers and develops solutions for success, engaging with and USP’s (e.g. sector experience, coverage, energy management expertise, technical capabilities)
- Ensures internal governance is adhered to; management reporting & authorisation processes
- Sales Closure – converts new business opportunities to contract awards
- Balanced focus across sales process elements; pipeline development, formal processes (RFI / RFP), sales conversion, post-award & internal governance
- Identifies & engages in industry forums & networking opportunities to strengthen market presence of the business
- Provides continual feedback & guidance to local & wider business support and management functions – engages business at all levels
- Works at a high level across a number of business and client functions and engages in a wide range of complex issues
- Also responsible for the specific detail within the sales processes and generated outcomes (cost, documentation, presentation
- Has an excellent level of product knowledge of the built environment and energy management market.
- Has the experience and Gravitas to be credible to build relationships at Board Level
- Manage and direct cross-functional / virtual account teams.
- Keep up to date a Strategic Account Plan for each assigned account.
- Ideally you will have in excess of five years’ experience of B2B selling a solutions or service to a corporate.
- Motivation and drive to identify and search out new Strategic customer opportunities.
- Ability to evidence levels of Pace and Activity in prospecting and Lead Generation
- First class sales and negotiation skills; the ability to develop and deliver professional sales proposals.
- Proven inter-personal and effective communication skills, with the ability to influence those parties that will be delivering the end customer solution
- An understanding of large customer energy requirements, and the gas and electricity products offered to meet their needs
- Commercial acumen to understand the trade-offs between risk and reward
- Understands the UK energy market and key drivers and the effect it has on UK business energy customers
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with [email protected]m or call us and 02074488596.