Our client, an ambitious energy technology company, seeks a Business Development Manager to join their fast paced organisation. Reporting into the Head of Business Development, the role is key to our client’s transition to a commercial enterprise and for growth beyond that transition.
The Business Development function is the primary driver of new business in ancillary services.
- It is expected that the person will be one of the customer’s expert reference points for their solution and for value that can be gained through balancing and capacity markets and other key services that are part of their Energy portfolio
- It is a customer facing role with responsibility for sales and profit development and the commercial journey with customers – the role will be targeted accordingly.
You must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Specific experience in the energy services market with a focus on ancillary service provision
- Extensive solution selling and or creation experience in either the technology, energy or similar industry
- Broader commercial experience including marketing, contract structuring, pricing and service development
- Existing experience in the solution selling and delivery of Energy Solutions to the utility, commercial enterprise and renewable energy sectors
- Ability to interface and empathize with key customers at various levels of seniority and function is key including C level executives, IT, marketing and technical personnel
- Good working knowledge of energy efficiency solutions and the use of Smart Grid applications including the value proposition towards clients is essential
If you have the following skills and attributes, please apply for this position. It’s a great opportunity for a hungry Business Development Manager to join an exciting start up organisation. The salary for this role is £60,000 – £70,000 base, generous commission structure on top, location is London. Please get in touch with Catherine McLean at McLean Ross.