Basil Scarsella, CEO of UK Power Networks, said: ‘Power will stay on in the UK’
RWE Generation, Ørsted and UK Power Networks will pay into a redress fund run by energy watchdog Ofgem
Northern Powergrid, Hyperdrive Innovation and Offgrid Energy have partnered to create a clean and quiet way to provide backup electricity to households during power outages
On the 9th August, a significant power cut across the UK caused 300,000 homes and businesses to lose power, affecting a total of 1 million people.
The National Grid worked quickly to fix the issue and are investigating its cause, but it left many businesses wondering: could this happen again?
The incident on 9th August left nearly a million homes and businesses across England and Wales in the dark and affected road and rail networks and some hospital services
Material from the demolition struck the overhead electricity network, which led to the power outage between 7am and 8.20am on Sunday
The Energy Emergencies Executive Committee will review the actions of National Grid and establish what happened to cause the outage and whether correct procedures were followed
Group CEO John Pettigrew has denied claims he was on holiday at the time of the incident and said the ‘UK is not Argentina’ after comparisons with the country, which experienced a massive blackout earlier this year
Regen and the Electricity Storage Network say the government and Ofgem must increasingly value these technologies in the Capacity Market
National Grid Electricity System Operator said the power cut was due to the loss of two large generators – gas and offshore wind – on 9th August